Sunday, July 15, 2012

Camp,Books & Puppy Names

A week ago, last Sunday our family was driving our daughter to 4H camp, 4 hours away from home. Nerves were getting me, she had been away from home for a few one night sleep overs but nothing for this long. She was excited! I knew so many of the campers, parents and 4H staff/leaders that I completely trusted her being away for a week with them. Now if you would have asked me to send her away on '6th' grade camp with her school last year? The answer would be NO.

We made it to the camp site, checked her in.  She got a camp t-shirt and a name tag and I helped her make her bunk in her cabin then we said good byes. Our son thought it was pretty funny we saw cows up in the forest!
And on Thursday afternoon we picked her back up! Me, our puppy and son made the trip since hubbie had to work- wow was that an adventure but we made it.  She sang camp songs all the way back and talked my ear off- but I loved it and soaked up every word, minute of it and memory she shared with me.  She had an awesome experience. We got showered by huge thunder and lightening storms on the way home which made our 4 hours turn into 5 so needless to say everyone was pretty exhausted!

Nothing too exciting on the meatless meals front, we are still keeping as free as we can from animal protein.  This week a few meals we have planned:
Ravioli's and Asparagus
Potato Puffs and Mixed Veggies
Fettuccine and Red Bell Pepper Sauce with Salad and Garlic Bread
Veggie Chow Mein with Spring Rolls
Home made Veggie Pizza's

We made our weekly trip to the library and we've been discussing home school field trips and interests already...
I was so proud...I went to go look for a magazine and our son asked our daughter to help him find the animal section. I come back and I so wish I had my camera- here are my two kids in the midst of a pile of books talking about going to see Penguins and learning about Sea Life- a real discussion, no arguing, both kids having similar interests, really talking together- AMAZING :) You have to appreciate those little moments you have!! Thanking the Lord for this blessing today!!
So, amongst the fun books- they each got sea life, penguin, shark, crab, jelly fish and octopus books!
What our son is reading...
What our daughter is reading....
What I'm reading...Puppy Training and Meals!

And as for the Puppy?? I suppose there hasn't been a final, final decision made on whether to keep him...I want to although I know its bad timing with so much going on.  But I suppose we are getting closer to keeping him since the kids finally settled on a name last night after much debate...KODA.

Here's to a relaxing Sunday with the family and a hopefully not too crazy week! I'm so happy to have our daughter back and thankful for the wonderful experience she has had.

No comments:

Post a Comment