Sunday, August 12, 2012

Work Trip, Guinea Pig, and Vegan Recipe's

Good Morning, 
I am thankful for my moment of quiet in the mornings, with my cup of coffee, a favorite book or reading one of my favorite blogs.  I feel blessed to be able to slowly wake, breathe in and out as I contemplate the day before me.  I enjoy the morning, when one child awakes and we have our alone snuggle moment then they so quietly cuddle up on the couch and ease into their day. Then the next child awakes and we do it again...ease into our morning, ease into our day, enjoy the first few moments together then get started on our breakfast and chores. It makes such a difference to not rush into our day at full speed but to take it in a little at a time.....

 Heading out of Town...
Work led me out of town to Phoenix for the day last week.  My sweet boy pleaded with me at bedtime the night before to please not go but a few extra hugs and kisses settled him down.  In the morning I was able to make the kids breakfast and get in a few more snuggles before heading out for the long day.

I don't mind road trips, I enjoy them, with or without the kids. Gives me time to myself, time to think, time to listen to my choice of music :) so I opted for a little country blue's song and admired the beautiful sky and landscape as I drove.

 On the way home, the rain came...
 Just about 45 min from home, watching the sun set...
 Beautiful.
I made it home just in time to tuck my kids in bed and kiss their sleepy heads.

On the Animal Front...
Our family is always playing 'Veterinarian' to all these animals we have, keeping them clean, safe, well fed, well taken care of and problem solving when things do come up. One of our guinea's was fine one morning and the afternoon his eye was completed clouded over and gooey.  Come to find out, he had gotten a piece of hair stuck, we gently removed it and went to the store.  When asking the pharmacist where the eye ointment was without cortisone and having to explain it was for a guinea pig I'm happy to report I gave not only him a big laugh but the line of people behind me- yes I just asked for medication for a guinea pig people!  Purchased the ointment and applied when we got home and within 3 days he was already cleared up. What a relief!

A few Meals from Last Week:

Mushroom Eggplant Rice:
1 Eggplant, Soaked in Salt/Water then Cubed and Sauteed until Tender
1 Cup of Baby Bella Mushrooms and 1/2 Cup of Onion Sauteed with Garlic, Salt, Pepper and Italian Seasonings
3 Cups of Cooked Rice- your choice White/Brown/Wild
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup, 1/2 Cup of Sour Cream or Cream, 1 Cup of Veggie Broth, Put it all together and simmered for 15 minutes and yumm, a warm, filling Meatless Meal!
Veggie Enchiladas:
Baby Bella Mushrooms, Olives, Onion, Tomatoes, Cheese, Mild Enchilada Sauce, baked for 20 minutes at 350 then served with beans and topped with Sour Cream, Guac, Salsa and Fresh Tomatoes and Lettuce! So great!



Ballet & Cocoa!
Christmas also came to our home this past week...the children have been listened to the Nutcracker nonstop.  Not that I mind one bit. I am looking forward to taking them at Christmas time to the ballet to see it. They also opted for some hot cocoa as they hummed along to the songs.  My mommy heart just smiled as I gazed upon my two sweets enjoying such wonderful music.


Oh and did we tell you...his OFFICIAL name after much deliberation and changes..is..
ERNIE! 
Our pup is growing into a big boy- growing every day, exploring new things and getting into more things! Every day is a new challenge and one we welcome as he has been a great addition to our family.




Until tomorrow, when we do it all again to live and enjoy this beautiful life together as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment