Sunday, October 7, 2012

Banana Bread, Bunny Biscuits, Piano LOVE

It was an uneventful weekend yet an eventful weekend for my heart and soul.  A chance to breathe from the busy week, read, reflect, craft, bake, play, and relax.

I was able to dive into several books I checked out from the library and escape for a few sacred minutes into another persons world of off the grid living, organic gardening, learn about their release from all material attachments and the desire to pursue deep relationships with people. I read their convictions, the words on the page and have similar desires in this life. Life is truly so short. I definitely need to breathe more often.

I love that winter is coming- although not cooling here yet, I enjoy the fires in the fireplace, candles lit, that I bake more, the house smells of warm goodness....I left the lights off this evening and as I baked and we ate by candle light- so soothing, peaceful.

I found a superb Eggless Cooking site and tried the banana bread today- minus the nuts for my daughter who detests nuts in anything but likes them alone. Yummy sweet goodness!

 Dinner, we kept simple.  Husband was gone to work during meal time, so opted for very kid friendly: Bunny Biscuits, Red Roasted Potatoes with Vegan Gravy and Herbed Carrots. 

Over the weekend I found a simple tutorial for a braided rug, anxious to use up scraps of material collecting in our craft cupboard it was the perfect opportunity to start this project.  A little done each day and over a few weeks it should be complete:
The best part of the weekend was our son Jordan becoming really interested in the piano.  Both children love to play around on the keyboard, listen to the demo's, fiddle around but neither has wanted to take lessons or really learn. So, its there, we have it, out and available to them all the time. This afternoon as bread was baking I pulled out some old piano music and sat down to tinker with some Christmas music...a few minutes later I had a little boy hovering over my shoulder asking 'Can you teach me?'  YES! I can! We sat together for the afternoon, going through some lessons. He was incredibly patient, thoughtful, and thoroughly enjoyed the music time and ended the day being able to play several short songs on his own.  My mommy heart was full of love, so very proud for his determination, patience and enjoyment.




1 comment:

  1. Sounds great. Your example of playing the piano is so the Thomas Jefferson Philosophy. I love it.

    ReplyDelete