Thursday, December 1, 2011

It's all about Food

I have to say I am obsessed with our crockpot! How I ever lived without it before I have no clue. And I've found I really am enjoying learning to cook and make things from scratch. I've always labeled myself as "I don't cook and therefore I'm not a good cook" - I'm on a mission to change that one meal or snack at a time!

A recent meal...French Dip Sandwiches with Home made coleslaw or as the recipe called it "Christmas Slaw" due to the colorful red bell's in it, turned out great- whenever the family loves something and wants seconds I consider that a major success!

4 lbs of beef chuck, 3 bay leaves, rosemary, 3/4 cup soy sauce, 2 cups beef broth, 1/2 cup water, salt, pepper and cook for 8 hours.  Slice the meat, we used it on french rolls then scoop up some broth for dipping!
 Simple Christmas Slaw: Half of one Red Bell chopped, 3 cups of Cabbage, Onion Powder, Salt, Pepper, Miracle Whip or you can use Mayo, vegetable oil and vinegar, mix it, taste it, done!
And then a fun cooking time with the kids- We made pretzels!
 Getting all of our ingredients ready....
 Letting the dough rise for 1 hour.
 They were boiled for 10 seconds on each side before they went into the oven for 15 minutes.
YUMM. The kids did such a good job rolling and twisting them into pretzels! And they tasted AWESOME, I wouldn't change a thing...except to make more since they take so long! 



No comments:

Post a Comment