Sunday, May 24, 2015

Saturday

3 day weekend is not a true term for myself. I usually work at least 6 days a week and I don't usually have holidays off. So true to form, I worked Saturday, taking today Sunday off and going light tomorrow Monday but still working. Sometimes when work feels so over powering in my life I feel lack in other parts. I feel tipped out of balance. I had a long hard week just like any working parent has some times. Work meetings running over, extra hours having to be put in. I can always tell when I'm working too much...I'm crabby, I do not feel like a great mother, nor a great wife and even in working so much I usually don't feel like a great employee either. When my life tips out of balance I don't feel good at anything. Per a friends suggestion, a few weeks back I had ordered a book. 'Jesus Calling'. I wanted a daily devotional. On the hardest day of last week, the book came. I turned to the page for that day in tears by myself in my room at the end of the hard day. And I read....

I, the creator of the universe, am with you and for you. What more could you need? When you feel some lack, it is because you are not connecting with me at a deep level. I offer abundant life; your part is to trust me, refusing to worry about anything.
It is not so much adverse events that make you anxious as it is your thoughts about those events. Your mind engages in efforts to take control of a situation, to bring about the result you desire. Your thoughts close in on the problems like ravenous wolves. Determined to make things go your way, you forget that I am in charge of your life. The only remedy is to switch your focus from the problem to my presence. stop all your striving, and watch to see what I will do. I am the Lord. 
Romans 8:31-32; Micah 7:7

If I'm honest with myself, I do go to the Lord in prayer- but I need to more often. I need to go to him first before my focus on problems take hold, before my worry consumes me, before my feeling lack creeps in.

I am so very thankful for this life and everything the Lord has provided for my family.  
Family is everything.

So speaking of family...yesterday Saturday we spent the morning cutting down weeds in the yard, cleaning out animal cages, cleaning house - doing those extra weekend chores. Our daughters beloved first guinea pig passed away...he had lived a long good life and was old, and it was time. We had a backyard burial. It was sad yet we were all at peace with the great life he had lived. We all loved him dearly.

Then we escaped for the afternoon into town, hitting up a few stores, some in and out french fries for a snack, and picked up a movie on the way home for the evening. That eve our son played outside till dinner with a friend in the yard- being boys- building bug villages out of yard materials. Our daughter read, listened to music, sang and finished up a birthday list. We all came together for dinner and settled in for the night with a few movies and to bed late. A wonderful family day.


 Me and my big girl, Sadie.

Count your blessings, be thankful and go to the Lord when you are faced with challenges in Life.
Happy Sunday friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment