Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pop tarts, watermelon, fires and great books

What a wonderful weekend even with some out of the ordinary unexpected events...

The good parts....I am thankful for...

A trip to the Library.

Play day in the warm sunshine at the park hearing my kids laugh and having wonderful conversation with my loving husband.

Kids went to bed early and with no problems, falling fast asleep last night.

Grocery bill that didn't make me faint and we got everything we needed!

Hubbie decided to start a fire in the fireplace last night.  And I had tea while he sipped wine and we both read our books and magazines. Him with Mother Earth News reading a milk and dairy cow article and me with See you in a Hundred Years by Logan Ward. I'm really loving this one. I found the recommendation on a homesteading blog that I came across, read the description and picked up that book along with two others that I have just not been able to put down.




Made home made pop tarts with my son this morning while sipping on my coffee and him telling me star wars stories.



Went to check on my daughters 4-H watermelon plant and found that there are 3 babies growing not just the one I had seen previously!




And now- my daughter is talking cooking to me while she wants to make crossaints herself in kitchen.


Hubbie snores as we all have been up for hours now, but that's alright, its nice for each of us to have our me time.

And on our Walmart trip I saw a pressure canner on sale and nearly bought it but I held back....hubbie said that we'd keep our eyes out and buy one soon :) I have a water bath one but really want the other one too...my next goal...to can.


Its been a great first weekend of October.





No comments:

Post a Comment