Monday, October 24, 2011

Toothpaste, Tuna and Two Kids playing

Not all together of course....just a few other things from the weekend aside from our Halloween craft day!

Finally got around to making that home made toothpaste...had to do it- I literally ran out and couldn't brush my teeth that eve!

Simple, and done in just a few minutes! A few different variations I've found- but all with baking soda and your choice of flavor- they some add water to make a 'paste'...some dab toothbrush in water then in the powder form or use hydrogen peroxide. I made the paste this time.  The first two times the taste/texture got me a bit, but you know, its not bad and actually my teeth and mouth feel cleaner than previously with toothpaste! So A+ for this home made recipe!


Tried a new recipe for dinner- although it looked prettier in the casserole dish instead of the 'leftover' dish :) but this will have to do...Tuna, Cream of Mushroom Soup, pea's, milk, egg noodles and top it with bread crumbs with garlic and butter, bake...and you have dinner that my son had 4 scoop fulls of! So, if the kids like it- its a HIT!
Kids played so well together this weekend....moon sand and littlest pet shops make for some fun!

Splurge buy for the week...don't hate me! Ha...yeah mini-cupcakes, discounted at the bakery for $1.00.
And that concludes the weekend...Hello Monday!

Looking forward to my day off, a little laundry, organizing, meal planning...and looking for a great chicken noodle soup recipe as well as a home made foot scrub :)

No comments:

Post a Comment