Saturday, November 10, 2012

Art, Gymnastics, Love and Homesteading

Our week ended well with a trip to the Library not only for our usual check out of books but an art show.  We got up early for a morning treat of donuts and croissants then made our way to the library.


Art Appreciated
We glanced through the gallery quickly before heading to explore the books and then on the way out we spent more time viewing the art...which ended up being nearly an hour- figuring out all the interesting pieces the artist used in his work, talking about the sculptures, finding hidden treasures in each piece and being inspired to pursue creating our own masterpieces next week at home.
This what wonders we saw:





Can you see all the hidden treasures in each piece?  Visit the artist, Dave Thompson's site at: http://www.thesculpturefactory.com/ to see more fabulous pieces!

Gymnastics
The kids went to open gymnastics, to run, climb, play with friends, explore, and learn. Two hours of non-stop moving- they were beat! And what did Mom get? A few hours of watching them try new things, make new friends and just play...pure enjoyment for my heart- I also brought a book and got a few pages in between clapping for their 'tricks' and praising, smiling and handing out thumbs up from the 'parent' seats! So much fun...a couple blurry pics...


Home, House Hunting, Homesteading
Many discussions this week have come into our home about our future, our future home, our path, where we want life to take us and our children, contemplating options, directions, decisions. Torn between two wonderful homes to purchase it is a difficult choice. Praying for guidance that I know will lead us down the right road. Our hearts are full of excitement. A family who has only rented and never owned our own home, this is the most wonderful, scary, stressful, huge, dream and possibility yet for us.  As we toured one of the homes grounds yet again, I walked around several feet in back of my family alone, at the back of the property at dusk as the sun set over the field of hay bales next door and the mountains just glowed, I felt a presence...my son coming up next to me, looking up saying 'It looks like a painting...I want to live here'.  Then my daughter coming over hugging me and asking for a tree swing and saying she could see herself playing, working and living in this yard, this land, this house.  There's something about a 'painted' sunset that makes you feel God in your heart and see his beauty all around you- something that makes the moment feel so right.  I went to my husband, taking his hand and leaning into his side without words and I think we both knew.

I love my family, and I love that he and I both share the same vision for our family and our life- God surely knew what he was doing when he lead us to each other. 
Simplicity, Love, Homesteading 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a lovely comment. I passed it along to Maureen. I know she will be thrilled to read it. Good luck with your new home. xo

    ReplyDelete