Thursday, July 4, 2013

Just a Wednesday yesterday.....& Happy 4th

First off, since it is Thursday, July 4th...
 HAPPY 4th of JULY
The constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness, you have to catch it yourself. ~ Benjamin Franklin
My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy! ~ Thomas Jefferson

The American, by nature, is optimistic. He is experimental, an inventor and a builder who builds best when called upon to build greatly. ~ John F Kennedy

So, on this 4th I reflect, on the many blessing our family, our friends, our country has. We as a family may go through hard times, we as a country may go through hard times-- but there is much beauty to see and thankfulness to have for all we are blessed with. Don't dwell on the negative, to make change there must be the positive, there must be prayer, devotion and determination and dedication.

Wednesday
Yesterday, Wednesday while Animals got fed, watered by the children, I did dishes by hand- at first this was a chore that had me wishing for a dishwasher but now I've come to enjoy the quiet morning I stand at the sink, peering at the fields through my kitchen window, watching the birds fly over....this particular morning, it was two children that came to the window, hollering about escaping chickens. Drying my hands I went outside- they've escaped before- 'someone' doesn't close the pallet gate all the way and there the 2 boys go- adventuring in the yard, usually staying close but today they traveled through our fence to the neighbors. Silly birds. Silly children chasing the silly birds. Gave me a good laugh as I heard the children call 'here chicky chicky!'  But after a moment they were caught and safely back in their coop home, disappointed I'm sure  when that gate got latched tightly! 

And on  the way in from the coop, walking a different path, we came across a snake skin which made it all that more real, the warnings we heed the children to be careful, watch the ground, be mindful, be watchful at all times. Noticing both of them in flip flops and shorts we had a talk about wearing boots and pants to do chores. Our son exclaimed he was more worried about the chicken getting bitten by the snake- I laughed and exclaimed I was more worried about HIM getting bitten by the snake, he laughed. But both agreed they'd be more mindful when chasing chickens through the high weed yard and definitely not do it in flip flops and shorts!

Wednesday also brought drawing, painting, sewing, listening to music on youtube, practicing classical music on the piano, dusting off all the musical instruments in our music bin. Talks of re-arranging our home school area, drawings of room plans. Our daughter took it upon herself to clean her room- the always left parts of her room- the side of her bed and under her bed. My son, the game fanatic and I battled it in UNO once again, then some Guess Who. In the afternoon we all lay on the couches and listened more to our audio book, the heat has just taken it right out of us!

I also free handed a cloth map of the US for our son, but I think I'm going to make it larger so that I can have matching pieces or flaps for him to practice his States, this one is just too small for what I believe I want the outcome to be- he was much excited asking when it would be done! 
Our daughter spent time on Tuesday baking several batches of cookies for her 4H fun meeting. Then I took a turn in the kitchen preparing some pasta salad to have with dinner of Sloppy Joe's (with Fake Meat Crumbles) and Home made Potato Chips.
 4th of July Sugar Cookies
Pasta, Olives, Feta Cheese, Onion, Green Bell, Broccoli, Basil, Tomatoes on the Side and Red Wine & Olive Oil Dressing mixed in.

HAPPY 4th, spend it with your families, your friends and be thankful for all of  your many blessings today!

No comments:

Post a Comment